Design-Build of a Solar Photovoltaic Array, Kejimkujik National Park and Historic Site, Nova Scotia
Solicitation number 5P468-21-0040/A
Closing date and time 2021/06/29 14:00 EDT
Last amendment date
BIDS RECEIVED BY FAX AND EMAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED AS OFFICIAL.
BIDS RECEIVED IN-PERSON OR BY COURIER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The only acceptable email address for responses to bid solicitations is email@example.com. Bids submitted by email directly to the Contracting Authority or to any email address other than firstname.lastname@example.org will not be accepted.
The only acceptable facsimile for responses to bid solicitations is 1-877-558-2349.
The maximum email file size that Parks Canada is capable of receiving is 15 megabytes. The Bidder is responsible for any failure attributable to the transmission or receipt of the emailed bid due to file size.
The Bidder should be cognisant of the size of the email as a whole, and not only the attachments. Please take into consideration that some attachments, when sent, may be resized during the email transfer. If the email size is too large, the Bidder should send the bid in multiple emails properly labeled with the solicitation number, project name, and indicate how many emails are included (ex. 1 of 2).
Emails with links to bid documents will not be accepted. Bid documents must be sent as email attachments.
Parks Canada Agency (PCA) is inviting qualified Design-Build (D-B) bidders for the design, supply and install of a grid-tied net-metering PV solar array systems at Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site.
The objective of this project is to participate in the effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, offset electrical costs, and to provide sustainable power generation. Parks Canada is soliciting bids from qualified teams with experience designing and installing grid-tied net-metering PV solar array systems, compliant with Nova Scotia Power Enhanced Net-metering Program.
The objective of this RFP is to retain an individual Contractor or Joint Venture to provide the complete design-build work for the design, supply and install of a PV solar array system as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
To assist with bonding and insurance requirements, this project is estimated at a value between $250,001 > $500,000, Taxes extra.
Period of Contract / DELIVERY DATE
Contractor shall perform and complete the Work no later than December 15, 2021.
There is a no security requirement associated with this bid solicitation.
OPTIONAL SITE VISIT
- There will be an optional site visit on June 10, 2021 at 11:00AM local time. Interested bidders are to meet at Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site, Warden Housing Road. Meet in the parking lot on Warden Housing Road. The bidders, in their own vehicles, will then follow a Parks Canada vehicle to the work site.
Coordinates: 44.4345341889541, -65.19558319475996
See google map screen shots below (la map sera insérer dans le document de solicitation) .
2. Safety Attire - It is mandatory that all persons attending the site visit have the proper personal protection equipment (safety glasses, footwear, vests and hard hats etc.). Contractor`s personnel/individuals who do not have the proper safety attire may be denied access to the site.
3. Please be advised that there will be a limit of one (1) representative per bidder attending the site visit. Bidders who do not attend or do not send a representative will not be given an alternative appointment. It is recommended that bidders who intend to submit a bid attend or send a representative.
4. The scope of the requirement outlined in the bid solicitation will be reviewed during the conference and questions will be answered.
5.Interested bidders must abide by the Province of Nova Scotia Covid-19 Public Health Measures and Advice. See Province web link for more information at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/travel/.
The following precautionary measures must be respected:
- Disinfect hands;
- Maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres from other individuals;
- Wearing of a non-medical mask or face covering for periods of time when it is not possible to consistently maintain a 2-metre physical distance from others;
- Minimize touch points;
- Minimize use of PCA staff washrooms;
- Abide by additional measures outlined in their corporate COVID-19 plan (if applicable).
6. Bidders are requested to communicate with the Contracting Authority, at minimum 24 hours, before the site visit to confirm attendance and provide the name(s) of the person(s) who will attend.
7. Any clarifications or changes to the bid solicitation resulting from the site visit will be included as an amendment to the bid solicitation.
All enquiries of a technical and contractual nature are to be submitted to the Contracting Authority.
Enquiries regarding this bid must be submitted in writing and should be received no later than five (5) business/calendar days prior to the date set for solicitation closing to allow sufficient time to provide a response. Enquiries received after that time may result in an answer NOT being provided.
National Parks Regulations require that all work is to be performed in accordance with the ordinances, laws, rules and regulations set out in the National Park Act.
Bidders that consider themselves qualified to provide this Work and intend to submit bids on this project should obtain documents from the Government Electronic Tendering Service through the Government of Canada tendering service at www.buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders . Addenda, when issued, will be available from the Government of Canada tendering service. Bidders that elect to base their bids on documents obtained from other sources do so at their own risk. Late submissions will not be considered.
The Crown retains the right to negotiate with suppliers on any procurement.
Documents may be submitted in either official language of Canada. Parks Canada has made every effort to provide equivalent documents in both official languages, however, if you find any discrepancies between the English and French documents, please notify the contract officer listed in this opportunity as soon as possible so that we can rectify the situation.
Refer to the description above for full details.
Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
30 Victoria StreetGatineau, Quebec, J8X 0B3Canada
- Contracting authority
- Piche, Christine
gatineau, QC, J8X 0B3CA
30 Victoria StreetGatineau, Quebec, J8X 0B3Canada
Full details regarding this tender opportunity are available in the documents below. Click on the document name to download the file. Contact the contracting officer if you have any questions regarding these documents.
Access the Getting started page for details on how to bid, and more.