Veterinary Care for Aquatic Vertebrate Animals in the wet lab facilities located in the Pacific Environmental Science Centre in North Vancouver
Contract award date
This contract was awarded to:
0434489 B.C Ltd
The basic duties of the veterinarian are described in the Standards of Veterinary Care set out by the Canadian Association of Laboratory Animal Medicine (CALAM). http://www.calam-acmal.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/CALAM-Standards-o…
Specific duties include:
- Upon contract award, become an active participant of the Environment and Climate Change Canada Prairie and Northern /Pacific and Yukon Laboratories for Environmental Testing Animal Care Committee (PN/PYLET ACC).
- Regular health monitoring of all animals (fishes, amphibians and reptiles) held in wet lab facility at the Pacific Environmental Science Centre, 2645 Dollarton Highway, North Vancvouver, BC, V7H 1B1.
- Provisions of veterinarian care to the resident animals as needed.
- Participation in the review of experimental animal care protocols as undertaken by the ACC, both within the experimental facility and at field research locations.
- Participation in the revision and editing of standard operating procedures as undertaken by the ACC.
- Provisions of advice regarding the care and maintenance of experimental animals to the research as required.
- Monthly reporting via the departmental representative to Senior Administrator (DG, Water Science and Technology Directorate or his delegate) on the operation of the wet lab facility and of the ACC.
- Advise on training programs and monitor competency/animal care training for ACC members, project leaders, and all staff involved in animal research.
- Be available on an ongoing basis to respond to emergency situations in the wet lab facility. During absences (vacations, etc) provision for a back-up / replacement is necessary.
4840 240 St.
Langley, BC, V2Z2M6
Request for Proposal
Competitive – Open Bidding
Highest Combined Rating of Technical Merit and Price