Bridge Repair Assessments - Sumas & Matsqui Prairie
Numéro de sollicitation 1220-2023-2910
Date de publication
Date et heure de clôture 2023/03/24 17:00 HAE
Notice of Intent to Direct Award
Notice is hereby given by the City of Abbotsford (“the City”) of its intent to direct award a contract to ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd. for the following services on behalf of the City:
- Engineering Consulting Services to provide the investigation, survey, design, tender, and construction services for the repair of 10 bridges damaged in the November 2021 flooding event.
The City issued a select request for quotations “RFQ” to three (3) consulting firms to provide the initial 2 phases (Investigation & Design) of the project which was in line with the approved recovery funding levels. Upon receiving the quotations for the select RFQ, ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd. were awarded the initial 2 portions of the work.
The City is anticipating approval of the funding and is now advancing the Tender and Construction portion to complete the consulting work, and follow up with completion of construction by the end of 2023.
Scope of Services
The scope of required services generally consists of the following:
- Investigate and survey 10 bridges in Sumas and Matsqui Prairie to determine that damage sustained during the 2021 Flooding Event.
- Upon completion of the investigation and surveys complete a design to return the bridge structures back to the pre-flood condition.
- Provide Tender, Construction, and Project Closeout Services to complete the required Bridge Repairs
Justification of Direct Award
As the ongoing provision of the services from the same firm is critical to ensure project continuity and costs. The City will be awarding the next phases for the project to ISL through the Construction phase to substantial completion of the work. The City is extending the current work at a total anticipated cost of $ 104,713 plus GST.
The justification for the direct award includes the following factors:
- Design continuity for the City
- The City cannot risk disruption of the schedule, and miss a short work window on the Fraser River
- ISL has completed the initial investigation, survey, and design work enabling them to continue with minimal interruption once funding is approved.
Firms wishing to object to this decision must email their objection by March 24, 2023, before 2:00 p.m. (PST) to:
Attention: Timothy McBride, Manager, Procurement
Emails must include specific reasons for the objection that address the justifications noted above. The firm’s ability to provide services of the same or better quality, within the required time frame will be the key criteria with regard to the consideration of a firm’s objections.
The City of Abbotsford
Durée du contrat
Voir la description ci-dessus pour voir tous les détails.
Veuillez consulter la description ou les documents de l'appel d'offres
- Autorité contractante
- Timothy McBride
- Adresse courriel
Détails de l'offre
Les détails complets de cette occasion de marché sont disponibles sur un site tiers
Cliquez sur le bouton ci-dessous pour vous rendre vers ce site Web. Le site tiers pourrait exiger la création d’un compte personnel pour consulter l’occasion de marché ou pour soumissionner. Les informations reliées aux frais encourus pour accéder aux détails complets sont indiqués sous l’onglet Description.