Passenger Vessel for Hire by Conservation and Protection for Patrols in waters adjacent to western Cape Breton N.S.
Solicitation number 30004106B
Closing date and time 2023/06/06 13:00 EDT
Last amendment date
3.0 SERVICES REQUIRED:
DFO has a requirement to hire a fishing vessel between 40 to 44 feet in overall length, with the service of a Captain and two crewmembers. The crew members are to assist in boarding’s and gear inspections as requested by a Fishery Officer.
3.1 Gear Inspections & Patrols (with Fishery Officer on board)
- Hauling of mainly Snow Crab traps, but also a minimal requirement to haul lobster traps, rock crab traps, gill nets (herring/groundfish), long lines and others types of fishing gear & apparatuses.
- Conduct mainly mid-shore patrols in Snow Crab fishery, but also sporadic coastal patrols in lobster, rock crab, herring, recreational mackerel, striped bass, tuna, groundfish fisheries, and others as required.
3.2 Vessel Capacity & Capabilities
- Deck space must be large enough to accommodate stacking of minimum of 25 crab traps (diameter of traps is usually between six-seven feet (base/floor)) or at least 50 lobster traps.
- The vessel must be capable of achieving a minimum required speed of 8 knots and be able to maintain a cruising speed of 8 knots or above for a prolonged period of time (unloaded). At times of urgency, a Fishery Officer may require the vessel to transit from one location to another in a short period of time. A Fishery Officer may request the captain to cruise at speed of 8 knots or above for a prolonged period of time; therefore the engine performance must be able to perform the requested task.
- The vessel must be equipped with an acceptable lavatory facility.
- At least one 110v outlet available to Fishery Officers.
The estimated contract period will be 0 month(s), with a proposed start date of 2023/06/07.
No trade agreements are applicable to this solicitation process
Reason for limited tendering
A contracting officer can use limited tendering for specific reasons outlined in the applicable trade agreements. The reason for this contract is described below:
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
301 Bishop StFredericton, NB, E3C2M6Canada
- Contracting authority
- Kim Martin
- (506) 429-2397
Full details regarding this tender opportunity are available in the documents below. Click on the document name to download the file. Contact the contracting officer if you have any questions regarding these documents.
|Document title||Amendment no.||Language||Unique downloads||Date added|
|30004106B Addendum 002 .pdf||001||
|30004106B Addendum 001 .pdf||001||
|30004106B (EN) RFP.pdf||001||
|30004106B (FR) DDP.pdf||001||
Access the Getting started page for details on how to bid, and more.