How to register your business

Before you can start bidding on tender opportunities posted by Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC), you will need to register your business.

PSPC buys goods and services on behalf of other federal departments and agencies and Crown corporations. To do this, PSPC uses SAP Ariba, a web-based tool that allows businesses to view and bid on opportunities.

Get your SAP Ariba account

Registering and completing your company profile in advance will save you time and let you focus on preparing your bid when the time comes. To help you with creating your account:


If you do not represent a business but want to view tender opportunities, you will still need to register for an account.

Already have an account?

Millions of companies around the world use SAP Ariba, so your business may already have an account. Unsure if your business already has an account? The system will notify you if there are any duplicates after you fill out and submit the registration form.

If you have an account, you will still need to answer a few additional questions about your business to view and bid on tender opportunities. Log in to SAP Ariba and complete your company profile.


Complete the questionnaire

Once you have created your SAP Ariba account and have your business number you will need to fill out the Government of Canada’s required questionnaire before you can submit a bid. 

Follow the instructions on how to complete the questions

Get a CRA business number

Businesses of all sizes, no matter their location, wanting to sell goods or services to the Government of Canada will need a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number. 

It is encouraged that you enter your CRA business number when registering with SAP Ariba, as you will need it if you win a contract.

Get a Procurement Business Number

Depending on the services your business provides, you may need to get a Procurement Business Number (PBN) and register in other sourcing tools that PSPC manages. For example, this includes ProServices for professional services or the Translation Bureau for language services. You will need a PBN if you get a government contract that isn’t processed through SAP Ariba. 

Learn more about getting a PBN 

Useful links


Contact us directly, or find your answers using resource guides.

Date modified: